- gas regulator vent clearance - 2 Replies April 20, 2015What is the rule, or is there a rule that the local AHJ decided to not follow in this case?Click to Viewhttp://www.inspectorsjournal.c...ads/John Dirks Jr/tn/tn_2015420213532_P1060475.JPG 48.74 KB
- CSST gas piping, shut offs - 4 Replies April 20, 2015This CSST piping is installed outside, albeit for only a couple of inches until it enters the house through an old exhaust. From what I have read this pipe can not be installed on the exterior. And cannot not go through an exterior wall? Click to Viewhttp://www.inspectorsjournal.com/f...
- Trap? - 3 Replies April 18, 2015Sometimes you just have to shake your head in wonder.Click to Viewhttp://www.inspectorsjournal.c...U001.jpg 33.89 KB
- Fill valves - 1 Replies April 18, 2015The first photo shows a newer toilet with a fill valve that fills the tank thru the tube but also drip down onto the 'float'. Actually I had 2 do the same thing on this inspection.The second shows an older fill valve I have never seen before. Is this legit or can it create a cross connection?...
- 20 yr anniversary today - 11 Replies April 18, 201520 yrs ago, I did my first inspection.... it's been a long journey and has turned out very well..
- Stucco over stucco? - 11 Replies April 18, 2015Hello, I am in the middle of a rehab project. On the exterior, I am planning on replacing/repairing/overlaying stucco. One contractor's recommendation is to bust off the loose stucco, leaving the good stucco. Then cover the entire wall with a 1/4" hardiboard (shimming the areas where t...
- Odd Vent Box in Chimney - 3 Replies April 18, 2015I would think that this vent box inserted in the chimney would create unwanted friction for the gas products of the furnace and water heater. The vent box might be as old as the house which is about 60 years. I saw no drafting problems whatsoever from the 15-year-old furnace and water heater.W...
- Term For Tudor Roof Drainage System Component - 5 Replies April 18, 2015I'm looking for the proper architectural term for this ornate roof runoff collection component on a 1929 Tudor Revival. Can anyone help me out?ThanksClick to Viewhttp://www.inspectorsjournal.c...2317_153 - Copy.JPG 71.34 KB
- Unique valley - 8 Replies April 17, 2015I think this was the most unique valley I have ever seen. This was a recently completed addition. Many other things were just as bad.Click to Viewhttp://www.inspectorsjournal.c...P4173205 (512x341).jpg 52.56 KBClick to Viewhttp://www.ins...
- Any idea of what this is? - 8 Replies April 16, 2015Home built in 1967. This was at the front of the home, near the stem wall. Pretty much in line with the water meter. Click to Viewhttp://www.inspectorsjournal.c...s/robert jones/tn/tn_2015416225854_RIMG2327.JPG 67.81 KB
KREIA Affiliate Members.........(Click to visit)
Kreia NewsletterKREIA MEMBERS are automatically subscribed
KREIA doesn't send regular newsletters but does so when items of interest arise such as our Education Conferences and Meetings.
Are you a Kreia Member?
If you're not a KREIA Member and want to be
(or a past member rejoining KREIA):
Click Here to Join KREIA